Setting up a Shopify store is the fastest way to make money via dropshipping, and as a complete beginner, your surest plug is Shopify.
Shopify is a CMS(Content Management System) just like WordPress but is designed especially for selling products online. Shopify has been packed with all the features needed to set up an online e-commerce store in the fastest and easiest way possible.
And like the title implies you will be able to even start selling from day one of setting up your Shopify store.
So without further ado, let's jump right to step one.
Step 1: Niche Selection
Before Setting up your store you need to pick a niche. Your niche is what will determine if you will be making sales or not, your choice should be based on solid market research and not feelings.
The aim of doing research is to identify a very profitable niche and start selling products in that niche if you can get this particular step right, then you will not have any problems moving forward.
Below are a few tips that will guide you in picking the right niche for your Shopify store
Tips for selecting a niche that aligns with your interests and target market
- Your niche should be something you can handle
- Your niche should not be very saturated
- Your niche should not be based on a temporary trend
- Your niche should have high demand yet low or medium competition
- Your niche should have enough profitable products
The above tips when followed diligently will allow you to pick the best possible niche that is most likely to bring in sales, and fast.
After you must have picked a niche, the next step is to choose a good domain name that depicts your niche and appeals to your target audience.
Step 2: Domain Name Selection
It is very important to make sure that your domain name is unique and available across all platforms. This will allow you to maintain a consistent name across all platforms
Your domain name must also easily from a glance tell what your brand is all about – this is very good for SEO and easy discovery.
To check if a domain is available, all you have to do is head over to Namecheap, and search for the domain of your choice to see if it's available, and also to check how much that domain is worth.
The domain you decide to go with should not be very expensive, or long.
After picking your domain, the next thing is to brand yourself.
Step 3: Branding
Branding is very important as this is what will make your product stand out amidst the competition. Branding is simply the promotion of a particular product or company by means of advertising and distinctive design. When branding there are specific things you must consider if you do not want to get it all wrong. Branding has to do with you making a name for yourself, and becoming known for a particular thing irrespective of the competition in your niche, branding will help 10x the retention of customers.
When branding you must pick a brand color template, logo, slogan, domain name, social media handles mission statement, and core values. All these I just mentioned are what will make customers choose you over your competitors, so this branding of a thing is very important and cannot be ruled out at all because it is branding that will help you create a cohesive brand identity.
Your domain name must depict what your brand is all about, and your social media handles must be consistent across all social media platforms. This will make your brand look more legit and professional.
Now that you are done with branding, it's time to set up your online store using Shopify. It is very easy and if you follow the steps in the next section you will have your own Shopify store up and running in no time.
Step 4: Shopify Account Setup
Below is s concise step-by-step guide to setting up your own Shopify store. Make sure to follow every step, and I assure you you won't have any issues with your Shopify store.
Sure! Here's a concise step-by-step guide to setting up a Shopify account:
- Go to the Shopify website (www.investorblak.com/shopify) and click on the “Get Started” button.
- Enter your email address, password, and store name on the signup page. Click on the “Create your store” button.
- Provide some basic information about yourself, such as your name, address, and country.
- Choose whether you want to sell products online or in person. If you plan to sell online, select “Online Store.”
- Shopify will ask you a few more questions about your current selling situation and revenue goals. Answer these questions to help Shopify tailor your experience.
- Next, Shopify will ask you if you have any products to sell. You can either select “I'm just playing around” or “I'm adding products,” depending on your situation. Choose the option that suits you best.
- If you selected “I'm adding products,” Shopify will guide you through adding your first product. Follow the prompts to provide the necessary details such as product name, description, price, and images.
- Once you have added a product (or if you selected “I'm just playing around”), Shopify will take you to your store's dashboard. Here, you can customize your store's appearance, set up payment methods, and configure shipping options.
- To customize your store's appearance, click on the “Online Store” tab on the left sidebar of the dashboard. From there, you can choose a theme, customize the design, and add your logo.
- To set up payment methods, click on the “Settings” tab in the dashboard and select “Payment providers.” Choose a payment gateway that suits your needs, such as Shopify Payments, PayPal, or a third-party provider.
- Configure your shipping settings by going to the “Settings” tab and selecting “Shipping and Delivery.” You can set up shipping zones, rates, and options according to your preferences.
- Once you have customized your store, set up payments, and configured shipping, you're ready to launch your store. Click on the “Review store” button in the dashboard, go through the checklist to ensure everything is in order, and click “Launch your store.”
Congratulations Fam! You've successfully set up a Shopify account and launched your store. You can now start adding more products, marketing your store, and managing your business through the Shopify dashboard.
Now that your store is up and running here is a quick rundown of some key functionalities and features of Shopify for you to get familiarised with:
- Store Setup: Shopify allows users to quickly set up their online stores without technical expertise. It offers a user-friendly interface and customizable templates to create a professional-looking website.
- Product Management: Shopify enables seamless product management, including adding, organizing, and editing product listings. It supports various product types, variants, SKUs, and inventory tracking.
- Secure Shopping Cart: Shopify provides a secure shopping cart system that allows customers to add products, calculate taxes and shipping costs, and complete their purchases with confidence.
- Payment Gateway Integration: Shopify integrates with multiple payment gateways, such as PayPal, Stripe, and Shopify Payments, allowing businesses to accept payments from customers worldwide.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Shopify offers responsive themes, ensuring that online stores are optimized for mobile devices. This feature allows customers to have a smooth shopping experience on smartphones and tablets.
- Order Management: Shopify simplifies order management by providing an organized dashboard to view, process, and fulfill orders. It tracks order status, generates shipping labels, and sends notifications to customers.
- SEO and Marketing Tools: Shopify includes built-in SEO features to optimize store visibility in search engines. It also offers marketing tools like discount codes, email marketing integration, and social media integration to attract and engage customers.
- App Store: The Shopify App Store provides a wide range of third-party apps and plugins to extend the platform's functionality. Users can find apps for inventory management, customer support, analytics, and more.
- Analytics and Reporting: Shopify offers robust analytics and reporting tools to track sales, customer behavior, and store performance. These insights help businesses make data-driven decisions and improve their strategies.
- Customer Support: Shopify provides 24/7 customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone. They also offer a vast knowledge base and community forums for self-help resources.
These are just some of the essential features and functionalities that Shopify offers to help empower your business in building and managing your online store effectively.
Shopify is a solution that will allow you to set up your own online store in minutes and I have made a video to guide you even further so don't fail to watch and implement, also leave me a comment below if you have any questions or concerns
Subscribe only If You like what I do:
About Me (BIO):
Never Miss an Update:
Hashtags #InvestorBlak #shopifydropshipping #shopifytutorialforbeginners