Affiliate marketing is a popular way for bloggers and online influencers to earn money by promoting products or services on their platforms. Many people associate affiliate marketing with having a website, but it's actually possible to do affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a website. Here's how:
- Create a Pinterest account and start pinning. To get started with affiliate marketing on Pinterest, you'll need to create a Pinterest account and start pinning content that is related to the products or services you want to promote. This will help you build an engaged audience that is interested in the things you're promoting.
- Find affiliate programs to join. There are many affiliate programs available that allow you to promote their products on Pinterest. Some popular options include Amazon Associates, ShareASale, and Commission Junction. Once you've found a program that you want to join, you'll need to apply and be accepted before you can start promoting their products.
- Use Pinterest to drive traffic to your affiliate links. Once you've joined an affiliate program and been accepted, you can start promoting products on Pinterest. You can do this by creating pins that feature the products you want to promote, along with a link to the product's sales page. When someone clicks on your pin and makes a purchase through your affiliate link, you'll earn a commission.
- Optimize your Pinterest profile for SEO. To increase your chances of being found on Pinterest, it's important to optimize your profile for search engine optimization (SEO). This means using keywords in your profile description, as well as in the titles and descriptions of your pins. You should also include relevant hashtags in your pins to make them more discoverable.
- Engage with your audience. In addition to creating high-quality content and optimizing your profile for SEO, it's important to engage with your audience on Pinterest. This means responding to comments and messages, as well as interacting with other users by commenting and liking their pins. The more active you are on Pinterest, the more likely your pins are to be seen by a larger audience.
By following these steps, you can successfully do affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a website, especially if you are not new to affiliate marketing. Just remember to be transparent about your affiliate links, and always disclose them to your followers. With a little effort and creativity, you can earn money on Pinterest through affiliate marketing.
If you are a complete newbie and would want to get an in-depth guide on how to do affiliate marketing with interest, continue reading because all the answers you seek are in this article.
Based on my 3 years of experience as a full-time affiliate marketer, the Most Effective Way to do Affiliate Marketing on Pinterest when you don't own a website is by linking your business Pinterest account to your quora account. In doing this you are leveraging on the high domain authority of both Pinterest and quora, hence tripling the amount of traffic you would have gotten if you used just Pinterest, due to the organic traffic from google searches.
Below are the ten simple steps to follow if you want to start making money online by doing affiliate marketing with Pinterest. You can use this method with Pinterest alone, but I highly recommend that you incorporate Pinterest with quora to get the very best results in your affiliate marketing campaigns.
10 Easy steps to doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest, without a blog or website.
- Step 1: Pick A Good Niche
- Step 2: Create A Business Pinterest Account
- Step 3: Create a Quora account
- Step 4: Brand your Business Pinterest Account and Quora account
- Step 5: Do Search analysis or keyword research on Pinterest and quora for your niche
- Step 6: Join affiliate programs based on the Search analysis done earlier on Pinterest and quora
- Step 7: Create a quora space for all your topics and posts
- Step 8: Create search-engine-optimized content about your niche on your quora spaces
- Step 9: Create Multiple Complementing Optimised video Pins On your Business Pinterest account based on your search analysis
- Step 10: Focus on the pins that convert the most, and make more pins like that.
For the benefit of a complete beginner, before I expatiate the above steps, I won't fail to explain some fundamental affiliate marketing terms that will help paint a clearer picture of the very best approach to take towards doing affiliate marketing with Pinterest and quora traffic.
I will start by defining affiliate marketing in my own terms.
What is Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is basically the act of recommending a relevant product to a target audience in a particular niche and getting a commission for doing so.
In affiliate marketing, the more relevant the product you are promoting to your target audience, the higher your chances of making an affiliate sale.
So in terms of Pinterest, Affiliate marketing is simply the act of recommending relevant affiliate products to a target audience on Pinterest, and getting a commission for doing so.
It is no longer news that You can make a lot of money from affiliate marketing if you get a high level of organic traffic to your affiliate links. One very good source of this organic traffic is Pinterest.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a search engine just like google, but its search results are called pins, not necessarily articles from different blog websites like on google.
Pinterest allows users to post an unlimited amount of valuable images known as pins on Pinterest, and people get to see these pins on google image search results, as well as the inbuilt search results on Pinterest, whenever a particular search term is searched on Pinterest.
According to Similarweb's site analysis, Pinterest gets an average monthly traffic of about 850 million visits every single month, 85% of these visits are adults, 54.46% are female traffic, and 45.54% are male traffic.
What is affiliate marketing on Pinterest?
Affiliate marketing on Pinterest is the act of recommending affiliate products to your Pinterest followers.
You can do this by adding your affiliate links directly to your pins on Pinterest, or by making use of a website or landing page. But most beginners don't have the capital to start a website, or the technical know-how to rank their blogs on search engines, hence the best approach would be to leverage on the domain authority of already established platforms like Pinterest.
So in doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest, all the affiliate marketer needs to do is create eye-catching pins, and they will naturally attract the audience in that niche, a hand full of them will end up clicking on your affiliate links and buying the product you are recommending, as long as you recommend relevant products to people that are most likely already searching for such products. A good scenario is a product review pin.
Product review pins are pins about product reviews. 90 percent of People that are searching for reviews are people that are ready to make a purchase, hence I recommend starting with product review pins, especially if you are promoting amazon products.
As effortless as promoting affiliate products on Pinterest may sound there are still cons, as well as pros to it, and that is what am going to talk about in the next paragraph.
Pros and cons of doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest
|Pinterest allows affiliate links, so you can direct link to your affiliate products(I don't recommend direct linking though)||Not all kinds of affiliate campaigns are ideal for Pinterest. Some perform better, while others perform badly.|
|Pinterest gets a high volume of very high-quality traffic from top-tier countries every single month.||Pinterest pins are optimized for the image search results on Google, and not the main search result, so there is a lot of traffic that will be missed if you focus only on Pinterest.|
|With Pinterest, you don't have to write long articles to rank better all you need to do is make as many pins as possible that will drive traffic to your affiliate products||On Pinterest, you cannot post long-form video content, and if you directly share your youtube video on Pinterest, it won't perform as well as the pillar form of pins, since by default videos shared from youtube don't take the pillar form.|
What is affiliate marketing on Quora
Affiliate marketing on quora is the act of recommending products to your audience on quora by linking to affiliate products in your articles and answers on quora.
Unlike Pinterest, quora get organic traffic from both the main search result and the image search result of google. quora even though is very strict with linking to affiliate products, there are ways through which you can successfully promote affiliate products using quora spaces.
Because of Quora's high domain authority, quora tend to rank really well on google search result.
Just like Pinterest quora gets an insane volume of traffic every single month. According to Similarweb, quora get an average of 780 million visits, every single month, 38.20% of this traffic is from the US, and the audience is 98% adult audience.
Quora although a very good traffic source for affiliate marketing has its own pros and cons, and with the help of a table, I will illustrate the pros and cons of doing affiliate marketing with quora.
Pros and cons of doing affiliate marketing on quora
|Quora gets massive quality traffic from top-tier countries every single month, this type of traffic often converts well.||Even though quora is a very good traffic source for affiliate marketing, Quora doesn't like when writers leave affiliate links in their articles, and 90 percent of the time the posts end up being taken down by quora moderators.|
|Quora is free to set up and they give you your own space to publish your own content, this space is called quora spaces.||Even though you get a dedicated space from quora which is more like your own website, you don't have complete control of the space as one day you could wake up to find out that your web space is no more.|
|Quora has very high domain authority, so it is not very difficult for your articles to rank, as long as it is very valuable.||Even with the high domain authority, Quora is very popular, hence there are many quora users trying to rank for the same search terms as you.|
|Quora allows you to monetize your space, just like google ads, you get a share of the ad revenue gotten from showing ads to your audience.||With quora ads, you don't make as much money as you would have made from your personal website.|
What is affiliate marketing on Quora plus Pinterest
Affiliate marketing is very traffic intensive. For the best possible result, you need to reach a very high amount of audience. Pinterest has high traffic volume but it cannot be compared to the volume of traffic you will get when you combine Pinterest's traffic with Quora's traffic.
Hence a better approach to affiliate marketing with Pinterest is to create high-converting articles on your quora space and make corresponding pins on your Pinterest business account. This way you get massive traffic from quora, Pinterest, and google search results.
Hence affiliate marketing with quora and Pinterest is the act of recommending affiliate products to your combined audience from both quora and Pinterest. With this method, you will get better results than using just Pinterest or quora for affiliate marketing.
Everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage. In as much as you will get better results from the combined traffic from both quora and Pinterest, it will take you even more effort to write quora articles, as well as create corresponding pins for your Pinterest. so if you don't have all the time, then sticking with just Pinterest would be a better option.
Below are some pros and cons of combining quora and Pinterest traffic for affiliate marketing.
Pros and Cons of doing Affiliate Marketing on Pinterest plus Quora
|You will get better conversion when you combine Pinterest's Traffic and Quora's traffic.||It will take more time and effort to create corresponding content for both Pinterest and quora|
|Because of the high domain authority of both Pinterest and Quora, it is not too difficult to rank your content on google's search result page.||Both Quora and Pinterest have a lot of content creators, so if you don't create enough content, your content will be buried by the multitude of content that is being created every single day.|
|It doesn't cost money to set up a quora account and a Pinterest account.||You can only customize your own space to a certain extent, there is still a lot that you won't have control of.|
|On Pinterest and Quora, you can grow an audience and monetize your audience as an influencer.||You don't completely own your audience, as both Pinterest and quora can show whatever ads they want to your audience.|
Now that we have looked at all the pros and cons, I will now explain in detail, the 10 easy steps to doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a blog, or website.
How to do affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a website (10 easy steps)
Below are 10 very simple steps to doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a blog or website:
Step 1: Pick A Good Niche
Picking a niche is one of the most important steps for any beginner in affiliate marketing. If not done rightly, you may end up wasting a lot of time and losing a lot of money.
The niche you pick will definitely determine how far you will go, and how successful your campaigns will be.
When picking a niche, the most important factor to consider is interest, skills, and passion. These three things are very important to be successful in any ordeal. Therefore the niche you should pick should be based on a topic or skill that you have a very vast knowledge of or are very passionate about. Passion makes up for the lack of expertise, and passion will drive you to learn and become better in that niche.
I have written a dedicated article to guide you step-by-step, on how to pick the best niche for affiliate marketing, based on the above-mentioned factors and more. You can check it out HERE.
After picking a niche the next thing you need to do is to Create a Business Pinterest account.
Step 2: Create A Business Pinterest Account
A business Pinterest account is ideal for affiliate marketing because of all the extra features it has above the normal or personal Pinterest account. So if what you currently have is a normal Pinterest account, you must create a separate business Pinterest account in order to unlock the other features that you cannot do without in this affiliate marketing business.
Below are the steps to creating a business Pinterest account:
> Visit www.pinterest.com on your web browser
From the top-right of your screen, click Sign up
> From the popup Click Create a business account
>Enter your Email, Create a password and enter your Age, and then Click Create account
>Fill out the fields to Build your profile, then click Next
>Fill out the fields to Describe your business, then click Next
>Select if you want to run ads, then click Next
>Select where you'd like to start or click the x icon to go to your new Pinterest business account.
After you must have created your business Pinterest account, the next thing to do is to Create a Quora account.
Step 3: Create a Quora account
A quora account will help you get organic traffic from search engines. so it is very important you create a quora account and link it to your Pinterest account. That way you are going to be getting traffic from both quora and Pinterest. Follow the steps below to create your quora account.
Step 1: go to www.quora.com
Step 2: create an account with your Google account, Facebook account, or email account the google and Facebook option will automatically setup up your account with your information, including your profile image, while with the email option, you will have to provide additional information after creating the account.
Step 3: Brand your quora account. Here you simply add images and cover images that depict what your niche is all about.
Step 4: Brand your Business Pinterest Account and Quora account
Branding your accounts will help you stand out so that they don't get you confused for someone else. A lot of users are actively creating similar content as you, so by branding your accounts you can leave a lasting impression, and look more professional.
A good way to brand your account is to use a logo image. this will make you look more professional.
A good way to create a professional logo is with Canva.
Step 5: Do Search analysis or keyword research on Pinterest and quora for your niche
Now that you have created and branded both your quora and Pinterest account, the next thing to do is to do a search analysis. The purpose of doing this is to get an idea of what topics are trending in your niche, and what your audience is actively searching for on the platform.
The best way to do keyword analysis is through keyword research tools. These tools will indicate search terms and their search volumes, as well as the competition for that particular search term. After doing your search analysis, you can easily tell what topics you should focus on, and based on those topics you can pick relevant affiliate products to promote.
For the purpose of helping the total beginner, I have listed out my top best keyword research tool, both free and paid in this article HERE.
After doing a search analysis, you need to get affiliate products to promote based on the research you can already tell which products will convert and which one will not.
Step 6: Join affiliate programs based on the Search analysis done earlier on Pinterest and quora
There are many affiliate programs out there that you can join based on your niche, but here are my few recommendations based on personal research.
- Photography-based affiliate programs
- Skin care-based affiliate programs
- Home appliances-based affiliate programs
- Tech and Gadgets based affiliate programs
- Digital products-based affiliate programs
The above niches are ideal for both Pinterest and quora and usually perform very well based on experience.
Affiliate marketers can get affiliate links directly from companies through their websites or from affiliate marketing platforms like Clickbank, Warriorplus, impact, Nutriprofit, and some other platforms. For these platforms mentioned, the affiliate gets paid for each successful sale made through their own uniquely assigned affiliate URL for the particular product that they are promoting.
There are also some other kinds of affiliate programs where the affiliate does not necessarily have to make any sale but will get a commission when the visitor or target audience takes a particular action like trying out a free product or submitting their email address. This kind of affiliate marketing is called CPA marketing.CPA stands for a commission per action.
Apart from going to company websites to search for affiliate programs, a very easy way of getting affiliate programs suitable for your niche is through a website called Offervault.
Offervault is like a search engine for affiliate programs of all kinds and is ideal for any beginner.
Step 7: Create a quora space for all your topics and posts
Quora frowns at affiliate links and will take down your post if you use affiliate links when answering questions on quora. But on your personal quora spaces, you are allowed to use affiliate links.
This is why I adopted quora spaces in my methods. On quora after creating an article in your own quora space, you can share the same article with other quora spaces in the same niche, and If your contribution is approved by the owner of the quora space you are sharing, you can get massive organic traffic from followers of that quora space.
You can also answer quora questions and make reference to one of the posts on your space that contains your affiliate links so this is why it is very important you create a quora space, it allows you to bypass the limit on affiliate links.
Step 8: Create search-engine-optimized content about your niche on your quora spaces
After creating your quora space and branding it you need to create well-optimized articles in order to get organic traffic from google search results. You can do this through the help of some keyword research tools. These keyword research tools will tell you the very best keywords to try to rank for. I have written a dedicated article to help guide you on the best keyword research tool that will help you rank on the first-page o f google search results, you can read it HERE.
Step 9: Create Multiple Complementing Optimised video Pins On your Business Pinterest account
After creating a very optimized post on quora, the next thing you must do is to create a complementing pin on Pinterest, this way your traffic will be streamlined and you will get the best possible result from combined traffic from Pinterest and quora.
When creating pins on Pinterest, make sure to create video pins and they should be the pillar format pins, this is because over time I have noticed that they tend to perform better on Pinterest.
Pinterest is gradually becoming like Instagram as they slowly incorporated short-form video content into Pinterest.
The video pins should be created in many variations in terms of style and color, to determine which of the variation has the best click-through rate as well as conversion rate. to be able to tell you will need to shorten your URLs with a tracker like Rebrandly. then from your statistic, you can clearly tell which variation of your Pins performed best.
Step 10: Focus on the pins that convert the most, and make more pins like that.
After determining the particular style of video pin that is getting the most conversion, the next thing you will do to maximize profit is to create more videos like the one that is converting well. the more video pins you make, the more traffic you get, and the more affiliate sales you will be making.
Now that I have explained the steps to doing profitable affiliate marketing on Pinterest, below I will answer all the frequently asked questions about doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a blog or website.
Faq About doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a website or blog
Which are the best niches to promote on Pinterest
There are many niches that can be successful for affiliate marketing on Pinterest. Some popular options include:
- Fashion and style: Pinterest is a popular platform for fashion and style inspiration, so promoting products related to these topics can be a good choice. This can include clothing, accessories, and beauty products.
- Home decor: Pinterest users often look for ideas and inspiration for home decor, so promoting products related to this niche can be a good choice. This can include furniture, home accessories, and home improvement products.
- DIY and crafts: Pinterest is a great platform for DIY and craft enthusiasts, so promoting products related to these topics can be a good choice. This can include craft supplies, tools, and project ideas.
- Health and wellness: Pinterest users often search for information and products related to health and wellness, so promoting products in this niche can be a good choice. This can include supplements, fitness equipment, and healthy living products.
- Travel: Pinterest users often use the platform to plan and dream about their future travels, so promoting products related to travel can be a good choice. This can include travel gear, luggage, and travel guides.
- Food and cooking: Pinterest users often look for recipe ideas and food-related inspiration, so promoting products related to cooking and food can be a good choice. This can include kitchen appliances, cookbooks, and food-related products.
Remember, it's important to choose a niche that aligns with your interests and expertise, as this will make it easier for you to create high-quality content and build an engaged audience.
how do I sell on Pinterest without a website?
It's possible to sell products on Pinterest without a website, but you will need to have a Pinterest business account and a seller account on a platform that allows you to sell products directly on Pinterest. Here are some steps you can follow to sell on Pinterest without a website:
- Set up a Pinterest business account. In order to sell on Pinterest, you'll need to have a business account. This will allow you to use Pinterest's shopping features, such as Shop the Look and Product Pins. To set up a business account, go to Pinterest's business website and follow the prompts to create an account.
- Connect your seller account. In order to sell products directly on Pinterest, you'll need to connect a seller account from a platform that allows you to do so. Some popular options include Etsy, Shopify, and eBay. Once you've set up a seller account with one of these platforms, you can link it to your Pinterest business account.
- Create Product Pins. Once you've connected your seller account, you can start creating Product Pins for the products you want to sell. To create a Product Pin, simply go to your Pinterest profile and click the “Add +” button. From there, you can choose “Create a Pin” and select the “Product” option. You'll then be prompted to enter the details of your product, including the name, price, and a link to the product's sales page.
- Promote your products. To promote your products on Pinterest, you can create boards dedicated to the products you're selling, and pin your Product Pins to these boards. You can also use Pinterest's Promote feature to boost the visibility of your Product Pins to a wider audience.
By following these steps, you can sell products on Pinterest without a website. Just remember to be transparent about your products
Can you use amazon affiliate links on Pinterest?
Yes, it is possible to use Amazon affiliate links on Pinterest. Amazon's affiliate program, called Amazon Associates, allows you to promote Amazon products and earn a commission on sales made through your affiliate links. To use Amazon affiliate links on Pinterest, you'll need to join the Amazon Associates program and be accepted.
Once you've been accepted into the program, you can start promoting Amazon products on Pinterest by creating pins that feature the products you want to promote, along with a link to the product's sales page on Amazon. When someone clicks on your pin and makes a purchase through your affiliate link, you'll earn a commission on the sale.
Keep in mind that you should always disclose your affiliate relationship with Amazon in your pins and on your Pinterest profile. This helps ensure that your followers are aware that you may receive a commission on sales made through your affiliate links. It's also important to follow all of Amazon's guidelines and policies when promoting their products on Pinterest.
Can affiliate marketing be done on Pinterest?
Yes, all types of affiliate marketing can be done on Pinterest, but some niches are more ideal than others.
How do I start affiliate marketing with Pinterest?
You can start affiliate marketing on Pinterest by creating a Pinterest account, joining an affiliate program, and creating eye-catching pins to drive traffic to your affiliate product's sales page.
How many Pinterest followers do you need to get paid?
Your followers don't really matter if you are leveraging on organic traffic.
How can I make money on Pinterest without blogging?
Through influencer marketing and affiliate marketing
What is the easiest affiliate program for Pinterest?
It's difficult to say which affiliate program is the easiest to use on Pinterest, as it can vary based on your personal preferences and the specific products or services you want to promote. Some popular affiliate programs that you might consider using on Pinterest include:
- Amazon Associates: Amazon Associates is a well-known affiliate program that allows you to promote a wide range of products on Pinterest. It's easy to use and has a large selection of products to choose from, making it a good option for many Pinterest users.
- ShareASale: ShareASale is an affiliate program that allows you to promote products from a variety of merchants on Pinterest. It's easy to use and has a wide range of products to choose from, making it a good option for many Pinterest users.
- Commission Junction: Commission Junction is an affiliate program that allows you to promote products from a variety of merchants on Pinterest. It's easy to use and has a wide range of products to choose from, making it a good option for many Pinterest users.
Ultimately, the easiest affiliate program for Pinterest will depend on your specific needs and preferences. You may want to try out a few different programs to see which one works best for you.
How do I use affiliate links on Pinterest without a blog?
You can use affiliate links on Pinterest by simply linking directly to your affiliate offer, I highly recommend shortening the URL, for tracking purposes.
Is Pinterest good for affiliate marketing?
Pinterest can be a good platform for affiliate marketing, as it has a large and engaged user base that is interested in finding and purchasing products online. Many Pinterest users use the platform to discover and save ideas for products they want to buy, making it a good place to promote products through affiliate links.
To be successful with affiliate marketing on Pinterest, it's important to create high-quality content that is relevant to the products you're promoting and to optimize your profile and pins for search engine optimization (SEO). You should also engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages, and by interacting with other users on the platform.
It's also important to choose a niche that is in line with your interests and expertise, as this will make it easier for you to create content that is authentic and engaging. And, as with any affiliate marketing platform, it's important to be transparent about your affiliate links and to disclose them to your followers.
Overall, Pinterest can be a good platform for affiliate marketing if you're able to build an engaged audience and create high-quality content that promotes relevant products.
In conclusion, it's possible to do affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a website by following a few key steps. Firstly, it's important to create a Pinterest account and start pinning content related to the products or services you want to promote. Next, you'll need to find affiliate programs to join and use Pinterest to drive traffic to your affiliate links. To increase your chances of success, it's important to optimize your Pinterest profile for SEO and engage with your audience by responding to comments and interacting with other users. With a little effort and creativity, you can successfully earn money through affiliate marketing on Pinterest without a website.